Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quick morph meal

We used the leftover Thai Peanut Sauce (see Jan 16th post-don't worry it was frozen) and wanted to make Robin Miller's Peanut satay shrimp kebabs. Didn't quite work out that way, but this dish was super fast, and pretty good. Since it contained shrimp and broccoli, M loved it. 
We are too cheap to buy the big shrimp, and we like the Archer Brand (Target) Key West wild caught pink shrimp. (We've been told to avoid farmed shrimp from Asia.) So I sauteed the shrimp for about a minute each side in some veg. oil, dumped in the 1 cup of leftover peanut sauce and added a bag of frozen broccoli florets and heated it through. Sprinkled on some sesame seeds (I keep them in the freezer because I use them so rarely and they can spoil) and served over rice. Not bad, and fast! I added a little of the red garlic/chili sauce for D and I, but kept it bland for M.

No comments:

Post a Comment