Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Garlic Pepper Jam Pork Roast - YUMMY!!!

Sorry about the lame photo, dinner was SO YUMMY I forgot to get the camera out until half-way through the meal!  I used the delicious Lucille's Kitchen Garden Garlic Pepper Jam which was a great deal at $6 a jar and would make at least 3 roasts. Click here for where to get it and more info.It was really easy and everyone loved it. Link here to the recipe.
The prep took about 15 minutes, took about 2 hours 15 minutes overall. Cooks for 2 hours, but not much to do once its in the oven. (I used our stand-by Whiskey instead of the brand listed, and I didn't have rosemary salt, so I improvised with 2 to 1 salt and rosemary that M helped me mix together.) I used slightly less jam than the recipe called for since it was our first time using it and I didn't want to over-spice it for our 3 year old. 

It was a great weekend meal. We ate the pork with rice (a little sauce on the rice was super.) For a super-easy side, I sliced an acorn squash in half, scooped out the seeds, put the halves face-down in a pyrex baking dish and cooked them in the oven with the roast for the last hour of cooking. If the squash doesn't pierce easily with a fork, turn the heat up to 400 and let it cook another 10 minutes or so. I also found some decent artichokes for a good price so we ate those too. ( M protested it was "yucky" several times- which we ignored- after about 10 minutes, she asked for a few artichoke leaves and enjoyed quite a few. She didn't care for the heart much, but she tried a bite.)

Cook Once, Eat Three Times
We also sliced some for leftovers that I'll cook with mushrooms and pasta with a quick broth and cream sauce later in the week, and froze some shredded meat for some BBQ sandwiches for a quick meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment