Monday, October 26, 2009

new yogurt love

I LOVE this product. It's a little pricey, but I usually take two sittings to eat one. (I like to eat half at breakfast with toast and/or an egg and fruit, and the rest with a snack later in the day.) Its FAGE, but pronounced Fa-ye. It's the Greek yogurt which means it has lots of protein which is important for long-lasting, even energy (10 grams per package.) Don't forget every meal and snack needs to offer fat, protein and carb. This would be great for a kid who might not be into eggs or peanut butter for breakfast.
I love the creamy texture and flavor. It feels very rich and it fills me up, unlike most yogurt. I can also add as much of the fruit flavor as I want, so I use a little less than the full amount so it's not too sweet.
It's a little gimmicky, but the fruit ones have a little cup of fruit that you mix in. My 4 year old thought that was neat, and since she is choosing milk over water these days, this is a nice source of calcium too. I buy the 2% so that there is some fat in there as well.
You can get them at Target, Whole Foods, Lunds and more. They are pretty pricey, so I stock up when they go on sale.
Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I discovered the nonfat Greek yogurt of this brand about six months ago and I LOVE it! It's so rich and creamy and tart, so I can use it instead of sour cream, and it doesn't have the funny texture of lots of nonfat dairy!

    While I'm sure it's pricey for you, too, I'm also quite confident it's cheaper places other than Dubuque: count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use it as sour cream too, and in a pinch when I need plain yogurt, like last night for a new curry dish I just used the plain yogurt... Glad there are other fans out there!

    ReplyDelete