Monday, July 27, 2009

princess invasion


My daughter is fascinated by The Princesses these days. I fought it as long as I could, but I figured that, like dessert if you make too big a deal about it, it becomes an obsession. So, we have the princess dress, watched the Little Mermaid (whose eyes are wider than her waist...) and I bought an "Only Hearts" doll from Target to try to hold off the Barbies a little while longer. I've read the studies that show that even 4 year-olds compare themselves negatively to Barbie and feel bad about their bodies. I also bought a rocket-launcher, a football and took her camping... Like with feeding, I have to hope that giving her a good base at home will help her navigate a world of "unhealthy" messages.

My friend forwarded me this image, and here's the link for fun pics of fallen princesses for any of you moms out there who are swimming in princesses! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Funny ! We have a=our little princess here too, I guess it's a phase. I don't like the little mermaid either, but Snow White isn't too bad.
    Cecile

    ReplyDelete